By Diana Sanchez, Staff Writer
When you first slip into a waist trainer, you’ll probably be wowed by the results. You might also be a little concerned about your range of motion wearing one. Can you really slay any workout wearing a waist trainer?
Not only can you, but there are many reasons why you should! The benefits of waist training are endless, and working out with a waist trainer will only help you meet your goals sooner.
But you do want to make sure you are wearing a sports trainer during workouts - for more information on how to work out with a waist trainer safely, check out this blog.
Once you’ve got the perfect Lifestyle Curves premium waist trainer for you, you’re all set! All you need now are the perfect ab workouts to get on the road to creating the body you want. No gym required! Read on to find out what those are.
The Standing Bicycle
The Standing Bicycle is a great ab workout that goes great with your wearing a waist trainer as well!
- Stand with your hands behind your head, elbows outstretched.
- Bring up your left knee to your middle while turning your head and core slightly towards your left.
- Switch and do the same with your right knee.
- Do 15 reps on each side.
You will feel the burn!
Squats are amazing. You couldn’t have possibly missed that little tidbit in recent years, but it’s true! Squats work practically your whole body and body squats are easy to do anywhere and are incredibly effective. It’s important to do a full-body squat in order to work your abs.
- Stand with your feet set just a little wider than your hips.
- Tighten your core.
- Bend down slowly, paying attention to your form. Your chest and back should be straight, until your knees are at 90 degrees, and your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Hold the pose for a few seconds before rising back up slowly.
- Do 9-12 reps and increase the number of reps as you get stronger.
Ahh planks. Is there any other move that looks so deceptively simple? Planks are tough, but the more often you do it, the stronger you will get. And, they are AMAZING for abs.
- Lie on the floor face down and place your hands under shoulders, just a tad wider than your shoulders.
- Lift up your body, maintaining a straight line. Your head should be in line with your back.
- Hold this position for at least 20 seconds.
- Challenge yourself to hold the pose longer each time you do it to strengthen your abs.
Working out with a sports trainer will push your body and help you make the best of any workout you do. You will see results quickly.
What did you think about these ab workouts?